Friday, December 11, 2009

christmas greetings

Merry christmas and happy new year to you all.I hope this finds you all healthy and happy. I have been living alone now for A year and it has been A long year but I try to keep myself busy . I raised A good garden this year and was able to supply A lot of people with tomatoes cucumbers and squash this summer.I played A lot of golf and played A lot of pool at the senior center.I guess the high light of my year was my trip to the national senior games in Sanfrancisco california. My son Gary and their two children went with me.While there I managed to win A gold medal in bowling and A gold in shot put,A silver in the 100 meter run and A silver in the discus. I had A slight stroke but I recovered from that in good shape.Otherwise I have been in good health I have developed A newspaper column (My opinion by John Zilverberg) that rus in the Highmore herald every week .And in eleven other papers on occasion. that takes up some of my time .We have only one bowling league this year so I only get to bowl once A week.My bowling isnt what it used to be . My average is way down but I still enjoy it and feel lucky that I am still able to do it at the age of 96 years. Best wishes John.

No comments: